Monday, June 21, 2010

They're Ba-ack!!!!

We picked up the kids this past weekend and they had a great time. When we got home Paige's response was, "I cannot WAIT to go see my room. Oooh. I. LOVE. THIS. PLACE. I just love my house soooo much."

Anson and I had the following conversation in the cities.

A: I really missed you mom.
M: Oh yeah? I missed you too. Who did you miss the most?
A: (with a little smile) I missed all of you the same.
M: Oh okay.
A: Do you know why I said that? It's because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. But really, who I  missed the most was dad. Is that okay mom? That I missed dad the most?
M: Yes, that's fine.
A: Do you want to know why I missed him the most? Its because he takes me hunting, and fishing and does stuff like that with me.
M: Yeah, I suppose I don't do too much with you, huh?
A: Well I mean...you let me help you make supper....but.....(trails off)

We are so glad to have them back. We started off our first official Monday of summer with chore lists and the day has gone quite smoothly. We are unpacked, and the house is clean and laundry is done. Now we just need the sun out so we can head up to the beach!

1 comment:

~ Tandis ~ said...

Anson is sweet and Paige sounds so exuberant! :)
I'm sure you're happy to have them home to really start your summer. I'm sure that as Anson grows up he will learn that you're just as exciting as Dad is too. :)