Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 2? or...maybe 3!

Yep, only took me one day of posting to miss my daily blogging. I'm telling you folks, this is NOT easy for me! It wasn't that I didn't have something to blog, I just kinda, ummmm, forgot. Until I was on my way to work concession duty at hockey, then it was too late. So today is a double posting. Yesterday first.

I read on my friend and cousin (in-law)'s blog that she was looking for a scripture memory partner. I didn't read it until at least a week after she posted but decided to send her a quick text anyway. She hadn't gotten any responses and just like that I was in! The challenge is memorizing Colossians in the next year; 2 verses a week. We call each other on Thursdays to recite, from the beginning. This week was week 3. Verses 1-6. We both had only gotten through 1-5 as vs 5-6 were rather long and we both had a hard time getting them done. This whole accountability thing is such a great challenge for me, it was just what I needed to get me going. So last night was my night to call Jill. Our conversation was such an encouragement to me. We talked about our childrens' salvation and how it troubled us/excited us. I am not going to go into details but I want to say THANK YOU to  Jill Martinson for her encouragement to me over the years and her accountability with the scripture memorizing. You are such a wonderful example of a Godly, caring mom, and help meet at home. Love you!!!

Today.
Another "small" one. After the kids came home from school today Anson went about his business as usual. Paige could have too. But instead she chose, on her own, to build a fort with one of my 2 1/2 year old day care girls and sit inside and read to her. She had FUN with it. I didn't ask her to do it. Nor did this child, it was something Paige thought of doing to help me out. Something like that goes so far with me at the end of the day/week when I am ready to be done entertaining. So, THANK YOU PAIGEE POO!!! I love you!!  :)

1 comment:

~ Tandis ~ said...

Wonderful challenge to learn verses.

Paige is so delightful. I just love photo of her laughing.

The salvation of my children is also something I think about a lot. I believe it was MommaMindy who encouraged me to pray that my children would "come to know the Lord at an age of understanding" instead of just at a "young age". Sometimes when they are young they forget why, it was expected wasn't it? But an age of understanding, that is different. Then it's heart felt... and can still be at a young age. :) I am glad that you have someone to talk to and pray about this with.