Friday, September 21, 2012

Confessions of a ‘Super Mom’

 

I am NOT a ‘super mom’, ‘wonder woman’, or any term I may have led you to believe I am.

I have one chore at hate above all else. (Well, this and ironing. I finally caught up on that this week. 26 shirts later I was done).

IMG_20120921_072241 

I wish I could tell you this is all of it. It isn’t.

Sometimes I feel like I give the wrong impression of myself from the photos I post. I am not the amazing, busy all the time, ‘super mom’ you have created in your head. (Gasp, I know!!).

Truth be told I have plenty of time in the day to keep a clean house, but sometimes I just don’t feel like it. There, I said it. I DON’T FEEL LIKE IT!! I’d love my house to be one where it is perfectly homey and ready for company at any time, but I’m not in a season of life where that’s possible. At least that’s what I tell myself.

You want to know another secret?

I don’t always watch my children very well.

2012-08-12 12.45.18

That was toothpaste folks. And it wasn’t just on her. You have any idea how hard it is to wash off toothpaste? I’ll send miss Ava Lou over to your house if you want to find out. I’m sure she’d be happy to empty a tube for you.

I have another confession.

Sometimes an entire day will go by and I don’t dress my child. In fact, there were many days this summer where she wasn’t wearing much at all. I figure that’s a perk of living in the country. I wasn’t too stressed about it.

IMG_20120806_101916

I also let my children play in mud. Some like to more than others.

IMG_20120804_160255

Why do I have a feeling no one is surprised that the picture is of Ava? What a child.

Anywho, all this to say. I may like to make you believe I’m awesome and on top of everything, but I’m not. As much as I love the life the Lord has blessed me with I struggle with the ‘mundane’, so therefore I just ignore it sometimes. As in the laundry. Speaking of which, I better get cracking on it if I want to be done by midnight.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I know what you mean! Sometimes all I want to do is just do nothing, even if there's laundry or vacuuming that needs to be done. I think moms need time to do whatever they want...it makes the cleaning and everyday routine doable! :) I also believe I have a Ava in Bethany...Bethany is always drawn to anything that will make a more work for me!

Sheila King said...

Love your honesty! I am pretty sure ALL moms can relate. Ava is a crack up! And the whole dressing thing.. my kids love to run around in their underwear or PJs. I do try to make the older kids dress but hey, three year olds aren't that great at dressing themselves anyway and even if they were they are so cute who cares! Good luck with the tooth paste mess! I think MUD is a favorite for all three of mine :p

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

1 word- Dido.

Had to look alittle for this but these 2 articles really encouraged my heart awhile ago- worth the read.

Why Mothering is a Gift. =http://www.domestickingdom.com/2012/09/17/why-motherhood-is-not-boring/

Shepherding A Bored Mom's Heart. = http://www.domestickingdom.com/2012/09/19/shepherding-a-bored-moms-heart/