Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lunar Eclipse


When I was a kid (don't remember how old), there was an eclipse. Like the kind you needed a special viewing box to see. It's a memory I will never forget-and thought it would be fun for the kids to see an eclipse and read about why it happens. I guess that's the homeschooler coming out in me. :) Anyway-it was a super clear night, we woke up at 1:30 and got in the van wrapped up in blankets. The temp was 5..yes, 5 degrees. brrrrr. We didn't stay up for the whole thing, I timed it so they could see the moon go in to the full eclipse and watch it turn "red", then we headed back to bed. So glad we did it!



2 comments:

Steve and Jan said...

Very cool pictures!! I checked the moon at 10:30pm and it was so clear out, but went to bed knowing that at 1:30am would be an eclipse, just too lazy to get up. Paige looks like she would rather be in bed dreaming of the moon! :>)

christa said...

Nice pictures! Too bad I found out that there was an eclipse the next morning after seeing everyone's posts on facebook! oh well - I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten out of my warm bed to see it. :)