Thursday, September 9, 2010

Organizational Tip of the Week

Yes, this is me pretending to be organized. I am not. However, after cleaning kids’ rooms, drawers, etc. I found WAY to many crayons to all fit in the pencil box. I was going to color code them each to their own little baggie, but then a friend told me about seeing this idea in a magazine. It took me about 30 min to sort through a mixture of crayons, markers, pencils, and pens, color code them and put them in the muffin tin. I feel so much better about the house now though. Not sure why since it wasn’t the crayons making the house messy, don’t try and figure out my logic.

001

5 comments:

Denis Haack said...

It also makes for a lovely photo.
You may not think of yourself as organized, but anyone who can make cinnamon rolls while three children, a husband, and various other relatives mill around getting in your way, well, you are more than fine in my book. More. Than. Fine.

The Roli Poli's said...

What a cute idea!! And your comment about feeling better about your house made me smile :) I will do one small project and also feel better about the whole house! Glad I am not the only one with this strange logic ;)

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Yes-was thinking the same thing. Sure looks pretty! I throw crayons away on an almost daily basis. I know, kinda wasteful, and I don't like to waste things, but I'm over it.
Buy 3 new packs every school year.

BUT- we have pretty much gone to a bucket of sharp colored pencils and crayolas twistable crayons. I don't like dull crayons. :)

PS- I think you can melt them down and make some crafty things or something out of them.

kara said...

You're welcome....tell your agent the bill is in the mail!

~ Tandis ~ said...

Every little accomplishment that makes you feel good is GREAT. Especially no a rainy day :)